Free Web Hosting

Monday, July 23, 2012

Build me a son...

by: General Douglas MacArthur

Build me a son o lord, who will be strong enough to face himself when he is afraid; one who will be proud and unbending in honest defeat, and humble and gentle in victory.

Lead him, o pray, not in the pain of ease and comfort, but under the stress and spur of difficulties and challenges.

Here let him learn to stand up to the storm; here let him learn compassion for those who fail.

Build me a son whose heart will be clear; whose goal will be high.... One who will reach for the future, yet never forgot the past.

Give him humility, so that he may always remember the simplicity of true greatness, the open mind of true wisdom and the meekness of true strength...

Then, I his father, will dare to whisper....

"I have not lived in vain...."

No comments:

Post a Comment